How Do Portable Solar Panels Work?
Are you afraid that you might want to travel and get no power source? Have no worries because technology has it all under control. With the improvement made to produce portable solar panels, one can travel quickly and conveniently without concern. These are an advancement of the previous solar panels that were large and heavy and required permanent installation.
What are portable solar panels?
These are small-sized solar panels that are easy to install and are flexible as they can go anywhere.
Typically, they function similar to other solar panels only that they are flexible. They contain photovoltaic cells that are further divided into smaller cells made of thin silicon layers.The solar panels vary in size, although the largest one can fit in a vehicle.They have an added advantage in that they come in a kit and can either used with batteries or an inverter.
How do portable solar panels work?
They contain photovoltaic cells that have numerous layers of silicon. When the sun’s rays reach the panel, photons are released, which in return create an electric field in the layers in each cell.
They also have metallic strips that are attached to the panel to channel the electricity and send it to the battery. A charge controller is connected to it to regulate the power output, whereas the battery and the inverter are connected to store power until it is required.
What are some features of the portable solar panels?
- They come with a waterproof kit enabling them to work despite the weather condition.
- They generate energy without emitting poisonous gases, as they do not use fossil fuels or other exhaustible energy sources.
- They are comfortable to work with as they work silently with no noise emissions.
- They are highly dependable as their power supply is consistent and reliable as they get their energy from the sun.
How can the portable solar panel be of use?
If you invest in a portable solar panel, you will surely enjoy numerous benefits. Below are some of the benefits you can enjoy when you buy one. For portable solar panels complete buying guide click here.
- You can use it as a power source for outdoor activities such as camping, boating, picnics as well as hiking.
- It can be used in small/medium houses to supply power in the appliances in the home.
- For those who work online or use their gadgets for working, it can get used for charging devices such as laptops; the mini 45W can charge phones, iPads, and tablets.
- In the case of long travelling, this device can get useful by charging car batteries.
A portable solar panel is very efficient to the people who are always travelling as it can be of great help. Having it prevents instances of having a shot of power or bringing your activities to a standstill for lack of energy. It is the perfect device for a traveller always in business.